Monday, March 22, 2010

What A Weekend

Why does Monday come around so quickly? It seems I'm just starting to enjoy my weekend when BAM it's over!

Saturday my husband had to work so my youngest son and I sat around the house and did nothing. We had all these big plans to go and do, but we ended up going nowhere and doing nothing! It was kind of relaxing but at the same time I wish we had gotten some motivation. When you go from 60 degrees and sunshine on Friday to 3 inches of snow and 30 degrees on Saturday, it knocks the wind out of your sails and sits you on the couch again. I didn't even work out! But I did make pancakes in the morning. Priorities....

Saturday late afternoon definitely made up for the lack of anything that morning. My son went to his dad's house and when hubby got home from work we ran ran ran. We made some Goodwill and Salvation Army runs, went to Marshall's and TJ Maxx, Dick's Sporting Goods, Gander Mountain and finally Red Robin's for a nice gardenburger dinner, where we caught the tail end of Northern Iowa surprising the bejeezus out of Kansas! Our shopping mission was to find a nice backpack and water-type hiking sandals/shoes for me for our October trip to Yelapa, Mexico. We are going to go all-natural on this trip. No resort, no room service, no all you can eat buffet. Hell, there aren't even any walls, doors or windows where we are staying! We are packing 7 days and 6 nights worth of clothes and toiletries into backpacks! I'm so excited. We didn't find what I was looking for Saturday night but we did get some good bargains at the thrift stores. We decided that on Sunday we would make a quick run to our nearby outlet mall, about an hour away.

Sunday dawns, we get up and head out the door. I'm feeling optimistic about having my husband drive (at least back home) so I bring my book to read! That didn't happen but I did get a lot of reading in Sunday evening. I also got a lot of shopping done at the outlet mall--three pair of shoes, a couple of shirts for work and a new purse that I didn't need. I'm a sucker for a bargain. I must have that written across my forehead. When I hear DISCOUNT I already have my debit card out and poised to swipe!

I wish there were some discounts on travel right now. Tonight I'm booking the plane tickets and the 'condo' in Yelapa. I got my water sandals yesterday and I've narrowed down my backpack selection. We're ready to roll. But since I don't want to wish my summer away I think I'll just keep dreaming about the trip and enjoy the time until then.

I sent out two more books via paperbackswap.com. I've already sent four that I'm waiting for credits to appear and then I'll have a total of seven credits! Seven more books to find, request and then add to my ever growing tbr pile! And I recently won another book from a different blog. I love giveaways! What's the best thing you've ever won?

Tonight I'm making tofu and sticky rice. I can't wait to get home and COOK! Got any recipes to share? I'm always looking for new vegetarian ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment